Sunday, December 21, 2008

Its winter.

Its winter and the coldness is making me so happy.
But of course I am getting sick, because I always do at christmas time.
Ice skating is so wonderful, except when I get tired and crash. ha
anyways, I have been thinking a lot about Christmas, its become such a materialistic holiday when it shouldn't be, so many family's are digging themselves deeper into debt just to give there kids this over the top christmas, and some are fighting just to provide a simple gift or two. I realize that is has become a comercial holiday, but to tell you the truth, I have realized, It doesnt matter about presents as much to me. I dont even remember what I got for christmas last year, but I can tell you about christmas eve with my family and christmas day, because thats what I cherish, Being with my family, the laughing, the food, the stories, the memories, and just being with the people that mean the most to me. I admitt I love to open presents, but this year, I have nothing to ask for, I am just happy to be alive. Im just happy to have my family, to sit around and laugh and cry with them. to have my friends who get me by, to look at christmas lights and watch christmas movies with my mommmy.

I dont remember christmas for the extravagent gifts, but only for the memories.
<3

No comments: